Some time ago I was using the Records, a library loved by so many people. This library is simple, it’s just a proxy to some other libraries. That’s fine.
I was really not impressed with the library interface.
After some time of using the library I got the feeling that the interface is not too good, it looked like some random ad hoc bunch of functions.
So I have decided to implement my own version, mainly to find out if it is possible to create the kind of interface I described here.
That’s why the DBRows Project has been born.
In the previous blog post I wrote about changing interfaces using a Java class as an example.
The public interface of the final implementation was:
getWidth() -> int
getHeight() -> int
getArea() -> int
There were no public fields, all were accessible with the setters and getters.
There was also a C# example with the properties. This way I had the public interface like:
And because of the properties those fields were also writeable.
Naming things is hard.
Usually when we are going to have a brand new kid, naming her/him takes a couple of months. The endless discussions, sleepless nights, all the lists of possibile combinations of letters. And all the effort just to achieve something that would sound nice to us. And only to us, as usually the grandparents of that brand new guy will not be happy with our choice.
The normal baby delivery date is quite far in the future, so usually we have lots of time to think about this name, and the possible problems the kid will have when naming like Donald Trump Otieno or like this: